From the Book “Forgiveness – Why and How” by Naran S Balakumar
Mudras for Letting Go
Vata humor is formed by activating Air and Space elements (touch the thumb with index and middle finger on both the hands).
Vata means MOVEMENT.
Its primary seat is Colon. Inhalation, exhalation, circulation, communication, nervous system, excretion, co-ordination of senses – all of them require Vata humor.
When we fight with somebody, we don’t want to ask for forgiveness, because we are adamant. Earth element is more here (ring finger). Air and Space elements have to be activated.
The letting go of anger and resentment will be easier with this MUDRA.
Then we need to do the ACCEPTANCE Mudra and then do the FORGIVENESS Exercise.
Forgiveness is the door way to happiness in our lives.
Letting go of Anger! Letting in Harmony!
My husband keeps fighting with me, says a lady.
Our normal reaction is to express our anger, which we think is natural and the right thing to do. Anger will produce only anger. How to break this cycle?
Do SAFE and SECURE Mudra (on both hands, touch little and ring fingers with thumb), also called as PRAN Mudra. Our anger will come down along with the other person’s anger.
With this Mudra, chant the names of the Bach flowers BEECH, WALNUT, WILLOW, AGRIMONY, CHICORY, and CHERRY PLUM. Harmony will prevail.
Alternatively, along with this Mudra, chant the Switch Words, “BOW CONCEDE TOGETHER DIVINE”.
When you want to avoid conflict, or when you want to do the forgiveness exercise, visualize the colour GREEN. Think about the colour green and visualize any greenery before going to the place where you expect conflict.
How to do this Mudra? The right hand thumb touches index and middle finger, while the left hand thumb touches middle finger and ring finger. This is also called PUSHAN Mudra.
- When there is a conflict and we wants to remain peaceful, we can do this Mudra and chant “I am sorry, please forgive me, Love Thanks Divine”.
- When we want to stop criticizing others or when we want to have tolerance, we can be in the Acceptance Mudra and chant, “I am sorry. Please forgive me. Love Thanks Divine”.
- When we want to shed our ego and pride, we can be in the Acceptance Mudra and go on affirming within, “I am sorry. Please forgive me. Love! Thanks! Divine!”
Whenever I open my mouth – either when yawning or while coughing, I get a pain in the right ear.
Do you use a mobile a lot?
This could be due to Apanan (Prana), which has to flow downwards. Instead, it is flowing upwards instead. Do the Chin Mudra (index finger touching the tip of thumb on both the hands). It will help the Apanan to flow downwards.
Sam (after three days)
My pain has completely gone. Usually, my stomach is bloated in the evening from 4 pm until 9 pm. Because of that, my belly looks bigger. Can I do the Chin Mudra to reduce this bloating?
Yes you can. Additionally, chant ‘Vallabam Gajaananam Eka Thantham”.
The mantra will make you enjoy food. When you don’t enjoy eating your food, you will tend to nibble your food. You need to munch the food a lot (for at least for 40 seconds) before swallowing it. This helps saliva to get mixed with food, which helps the digestion process.
Mudras are so simple that anybody can do it – irrespective of age, sex or creed. You don’t need to have any worries, whatsoever.
Anita Vij: Safe and secure Mudra is very beneficial. All our worries are gone by doing this Mudra before going to sleep.
Mudras can be combined with Mantras, which doubles the effect of Mudras.
Sam: If I do the Chin Mudra before eating for 10 minutes, and by chanting Vallabam Gajaananam Eka Thantham then I am able to pick the right food, the right quantity of food – not less or more and the food I like to eat (as I eat food from different hotels and thus eating the food I like becomes very important).
Why Mantras, even switch words can be combined with Mudras.
Raj: I chanted the switch words, “MOVE ON” with the Movement Mudra for 15 minutes and “FIND COUNT DIVINE Job” for 15 minutes, twice a day for the last 20 days. Now, I have got two small projects on hand, which will keep me busy for the next 3-4 months.
You can combine color healing with Mudras.
Weight reduction: Blue helps in weight reduction. Visualize blue color filling your body or see a blue candle while doing Fire Mudra.
My son, Siddharth has completed M. Tech in Bio-technology. But still not found a job. He is already 24, and I am very worried and tensed. Kindly help us.
Already giving him WALNUT and SWEET CHESTNUT plus started chanting from yesterday, “FIND DIVINE ORDER COUNT NOW DONE”.
This is just FYI. Pls guide us.
Come out of tension.
- You take RESCUE REMEDY.
- Tap on yourself, “I accept myself totally”.
- Be in Pran Mudra for 20 minutes a day.
He will get a job.
I have started doing Pran Mudra for 20 minutes daily. Also taking Bach flowers, I am feeling much better. Now the anxiety for getting job for my son is slowly decreasing.
Since I do not know tapping, I am just affirming “I accept myself totally” is it ok? Thrice a day. Need your kind advise.
My son has not yet got the job. One of our family friends is trying the job for him in the pharmacy line only, which is his line and preference.
Kindly pray that it should happen urgently and need divine advice. Somebody predicted that he will go on changing the jobs till 2012 and will get best job only in 2013 (i.e., he will settle in the job only in 2013). I am feeling very depressed. But at the same time I feel that GOD can do anything. Pls advice.
- Chant “FIND DIVINE ORDER NOW”
- Write the statement for 21 times, “I activate that part of mind which believes in surrender”
- Write WALNUT around your son’s name. Take a piece of paper. Write the name. Draw a circle around the name. Draw another concentric circle around the first circle. In the gap, write walnut and keep it. Don’t do anything else other than this.
- Chant OM LUM NAMAHA. Om Lum Namaha if chanted alone will stabilize him. Chant this mantra alone for 300 times.
At last, my son got job of his liking. Even though the salary is not that great, at least I feel that divine door has opened for him. The job is like meeting top Doctors / Gynecologists and prospective customers and present about their products. What he should chant so that their prospective clients become their permanent customers or which mantra to be chanted.
- Write VERVAIN, OAK, HEATHER in a piece of paper and ask your son to keep it with him. Let him see the names and thank these flowers daily before making the calls.
- After coming back let him recollect the day’s proceedings and thank each and every incident and persons concerned.
- After waking up in the morning, let him affirm, “I submit myself to the divine order now on”
When you have the same thoughts and emotions, you will continue to be in the same situation. First of all, before you get a job and move to a new office, you need to move out of your mental pattern that keeps you in the current jobless situation. “MOVE ON” helps you do that.
- Chant the switch words, “MOVE ON” and be in the MOVEMENT MUDRA (index and middle fingers touching the tip of the thumb, on both the hands). Do this for 15 minutes.
- Chant the switch words, “FIND COUNT DIVINE Job”, while you are in the SAFE and SECURE MUDRA (ring and little fingers touching the tip of the thumb, on both the hands). Do this for 15 minutes.
- Whenever you are working, or driving and when you can’t be in a Mudra, chant, “MOVE ON FIND COUNT DIVINE Job”
Mudras can be done anytime, and anywhere.