It activates the throat chakra that energizes the head. It brings in the clarity of the mind. Apart from that this can be helpful for bad throat condition also.
When you are stuck in a problem situation, be in this Mudra and chant the switch words, “CLIMB CRYSTAL TOGETHER DIVINE”.
To sit regularly for a meditation, even though if it is escapism, be in this Mudra, and you will continue to sit for the meditation.
It is also called as Mudra for Surrender.
What is meant by surrender?
Surrender is not inaction. Whatever we are doing we have do it.
You are writing with a pen. Suppose the pen gets a life and says, “I am writing so many things”. Will you accept it? The pen is not supposed to say that and that to you.
Let us say the pen says to you that “I am writing so many things. So many good ideas come to me, when I am writing”. If so, you will break the pen and will go for a new one.
Similarly, surrendering means, the attitude of ownership is relinquished. ‘I am not the doer’ – that attitude should be cultivated. It is the training of the mind. That can be cultivated or trained by being in this Mudra.
Everything is coming from the space. Because of the divine, we are doing something. You are doing the action for the divine, by the power of the divine and with the help of the divine. That attitude has to be ingrained in every part of the brain. For which, this mudra will be very helpful.
You are not the doer – understanding and believing it
How to understand and believe that you are not the doer?
It is not the question of understanding. How to believe we are not the doer, but divine is the doer?
Instructions to do the Mudra: On both the hands, keep the thumb at the base of the little finger (first image) and rest of the fingers covering the thumb (next image).
I have been telling the following story about a Hungarian, during all the classes I am conducting these days: http://wp.me/ptUMq-5r
Develop a surrendering attitude: http://wp.me/ptUKY-4G
Do you know how to surrender: http://wp.me/ptUMq-4M
It creates space inside you. You don’t have space when you are stuck in a traffic jam (what’s inside us is reflected outside us). Put both the Chin and Akash (space) Mudras (let the index and middle fingers touch the tip of the thumb in both the hands). Then we will have space and move.
Akash Mudra activates our own teacher inside us.
If anybody is selfish, you can ask them, “Please put this Mudra”. It will make him broad-minded.
It widens your views and helps to understand your life better.
This also helps to clears the throat.
A Case History
Thanks for the wonderful program at “Raj Bhavan”. While teaching on “Akash Mudra”, you mentioned that the teacher in us will be widened and awakened.
Evening after coming from the function, I checked my mails. There was an invitation mail from a Chartered Accountants study circle to address the chartered accountants. Thanks to you Naran.
Tomorrow, I’m doing counselling for CA (Chartered Accountants) students appearing for final exams. I attribute all these success to you!
Mrs. Sasikala Ravivenkatesan
Also called as Aakaash (space) Mudra.
Keyword for this Mudra is “expand”.
- This Mudra activates Jupiter inside you and brings abundance in your life.
- It will expand your horizon and get wider views of life and you will become a good judge of the life’s events.
- The teacher in you will be activated too.
- Person who is mean minded and selfish will become broad minded and selfless.
- This generates blue energy and thus activates throat Chakra.
Chant Bija Mantra “Om Hum Namaha” while doing this Mudra.
Touch the middle finger with thumb on both the hands
Are there any Mudras, Yoga exercise, or Reiki for curing the snoring problem?
Naran S. Balakumar
Snoring means less oxygen to the throat and head area. How one can increase oxygen to these areas through Mudras?
- Adi Mudra can help. The thumb should touch the bottom of the little finger and closed by other fingers. Do it on both hands for 15 to 30 minutes a day. You can do it while walking or lying down or while watching TV.
- Increasing the space element is important too. The space in the tongue area is less. Thumb touching the middle finger can help. Do this space Mudra after Adi Mudra. Instructions are the same.
- While doing the Mudras, on Inhalation, chant PAHANG and on exhalation, chant HIPPIENG, within the mind. These two words increase the space in the neck area.
- One has to check for Cervical Spondylosis. There may be a problem in the cervical area of the spine, for which doing Yogasanas can help. Please check with your local yoga expert.
- Alternatively, visit a chiropractor and make the necessary correction.
- Affirm, “I am at ease with all. I understand the value of relationship.” This affirmation will help.
- Body care companies of Japan manufacture pillows that take care of snoring. There are good testimonials. Search for them on the web. Please come back with the company selected, I will direct whether that product is reliable or not.
Good luck to your partner and your neighbors to Sleep Well J
To know more about Mudras, please click the link: