Student: What is the significance of putting the thumb with other fingers?
Thumb represents Prana – our life force. If there is no life in the body what is the use of the body? Similarly, if thumb is not used, no Mudra will be activated.
Prana means Universal Life energy.
Instructions on doing mudras
- Except for special Mudras, for all mudras, one had to keep the mudra on both the hands.
- You can chant mantra or switch words silently, while doing the mudra.
- You can walk, lie down, sit down or watching TV while doing the mudra.
- There is no time to do mudras. You can do it all the time. Of course, they are very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM.
- In general, Mudra you can do for 30-45 minutes, Mantra can be done all the 24 hours.
- There are exceptions to that rule. Don’t do Linga mudra for more than 15 minutes at a time. However mudras like Chin Mudra and Acceptance mudra can be done throughout the day.
- All mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. However, for some it might produce an unwanted side-effect. In such a case, please stop doing it and contact Naran.
- You need not press the fingers hard when you touch the tip of the thumb or while placing them at the base of the thumb. No pressure should be applied. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable.
The above points were discussed during the workshop on Mudras, Hyderabad, on 16thFeb, 2013. You can learn about Mudras in the upcoming workshop, dated 15th Dec, 2013, at Bangalore, by Naran S Balakumar.
Refer Part I of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/mudra-tips-and-techniques-part-i/
Mudra with chanting
If I want to do 3 fulfillment Mudras should I chant Bija Mantras or the affirmation words. Please guide me I want to become successful entrepreneur.
For your needs, with Mudras you chant MUSTARD (Bach flower) CITRINE (gemstone)
Fingers are not in place
When I do this Varun Mudra I hardly can do it for 5 min, my hands are starting to hurt. Is there is a problem with the palms or it is a general water element`s problem?
Since there is no practice of Mudras, it happens. Do it for some time. You will be ok in another fifteen days.
Is there any danger of doing Mudra too much?
I have done the vitality Mudra and can bear witness. It works. No question.
I also had an unexpected result. I began to put on weight! Is this a normal side effect? Or is this something unique to my mind? Have you heard of this before?
One will put on weight – only required weight. If you think you are putting on weight, immediately follow the Mudra with Fire Mudra – place the ring finger at the base of the thumb.
Refer Part III of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/simple-life-solutions-2/
Could you please say if there is any Mudra for love so as to show my unconditional love to husband?
Touch your thumb with little and ring fingers (Safe and Secure Mudra) on both the hands and see the picture of the Mother’s Flower Red Balsam (the picture is available at the centre).