It activates the throat chakra that energizes the head. It brings in the clarity of the mind. Apart from that this can be helpful for bad throat condition also.
When you are stuck in a problem situation, be in this Mudra and chant the switch words, “CLIMB CRYSTAL TOGETHER DIVINE”.
To sit regularly for a meditation, even though if it is escapism, be in this Mudra, and you will continue to sit for the meditation.
It is also called as Mudra for Surrender.
What is meant by surrender?
Surrender is not inaction. Whatever we are doing we have do it.
You are writing with a pen. Suppose the pen gets a life and says, “I am writing so many things”. Will you accept it? The pen is not supposed to say that and that to you.
Let us say the pen says to you that “I am writing so many things. So many good ideas come to me, when I am writing”. If so, you will break the pen and will go for a new one.
Similarly, surrendering means, the attitude of ownership is relinquished. ‘I am not the doer’ – that attitude should be cultivated. It is the training of the mind. That can be cultivated or trained by being in this Mudra.
Everything is coming from the space. Because of the divine, we are doing something. You are doing the action for the divine, by the power of the divine and with the help of the divine. That attitude has to be ingrained in every part of the brain. For which, this mudra will be very helpful.
You are not the doer – understanding and believing it
How to understand and believe that you are not the doer?
It is not the question of understanding. How to believe we are not the doer, but divine is the doer?
Instructions to do the Mudra: On both the hands, keep the thumb at the base of the little finger (first image) and rest of the fingers covering the thumb (next image).
I have been telling the following story about a Hungarian, during all the classes I am conducting these days: http://wp.me/ptUMq-5r
Develop a surrendering attitude: http://wp.me/ptUKY-4G
Do you know how to surrender: http://wp.me/ptUMq-4M
Student: What is the significance of putting the thumb with other fingers?
Thumb represents Prana – our life force. If there is no life in the body what is the use of the body? Similarly, if thumb is not used, no Mudra will be activated.
Prana means Universal Life energy.
Instructions on doing mudras
- Except for special Mudras, for all mudras, one had to keep the mudra on both the hands.
- You can chant mantra or switch words silently, while doing the mudra.
- You can walk, lie down, sit down or watching TV while doing the mudra.
- There is no time to do mudras. You can do it all the time. Of course, they are very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM.
- In general, Mudra you can do for 30-45 minutes, Mantra can be done all the 24 hours.
- There are exceptions to that rule. Don’t do Linga mudra for more than 15 minutes at a time. However mudras like Chin Mudra and Acceptance mudra can be done throughout the day.
- All mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. However, for some it might produce an unwanted side-effect. In such a case, please stop doing it and contact Naran.
- You need not press the fingers hard when you touch the tip of the thumb or while placing them at the base of the thumb. No pressure should be applied. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable.
The above points were discussed during the workshop on Mudras, Hyderabad, on 16thFeb, 2013. You can learn about Mudras in the upcoming workshop, dated 15th Dec, 2013, at Bangalore, by Naran S Balakumar.
I have a severe cold with running nose.
Do LINGA Mudra (both hands clasped together, with left thumb in upright position) for 20 minutes. Then do SAFE and SECURE Mudra (thumb touching ring and little fingers on both the hands) for another 20 minutes.
I did as you suggested. I took rest for a while keeping in mind that while we sleep, our body does the necessary healing (as mentioned by Naran).
After waking up, I did the Mudras again for 15 minutes. I was alright (without any medication). Thanks.
Due to pollution, we get afflicted with cold.
The thick phlegm produced and deposited inside the lungs will be converted into liquid form by the Linga Mudra and will be sent to the Hara Chakra (the chakra that handles water element) by the Safe and Secure Mudra.
Refer Part I of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/mudra-tips-and-techniques-part-i/
Mudra with chanting
If I want to do 3 fulfillment Mudras should I chant Bija Mantras or the affirmation words. Please guide me I want to become successful entrepreneur.
For your needs, with Mudras you chant MUSTARD (Bach flower) CITRINE (gemstone)
Fingers are not in place
When I do this Varun Mudra I hardly can do it for 5 min, my hands are starting to hurt. Is there is a problem with the palms or it is a general water element`s problem?
Since there is no practice of Mudras, it happens. Do it for some time. You will be ok in another fifteen days.
Is there any danger of doing Mudra too much?
I have done the vitality Mudra and can bear witness. It works. No question.
I also had an unexpected result. I began to put on weight! Is this a normal side effect? Or is this something unique to my mind? Have you heard of this before?
One will put on weight – only required weight. If you think you are putting on weight, immediately follow the Mudra with Fire Mudra – place the ring finger at the base of the thumb.
Refer Part III of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/simple-life-solutions-2/
I have a problem. I have been married since a year and was pregnant as soon I got married but had to abort as my husband didn’t wanted the child so soon.
And he doesn’t want kids. He says he is just happy with me, and his parents, as kids are a burden. Please help me change his mind-set about kids.
My parents are very eager for the kids. They are disappointed. Due to this, there are clashes between my parents and my husband. Now he is not speaking to them.
And my Sister in law stays nearby. She keeps coming daily to our house with her kids due to which there are problems, and I get irritated.
Please help me to make my husband change his mind about kids and be in love with my parents.
And moreover my job is also in danger. I don’t have project since 6 months and searching outside. That is also not helping.
Be in the following Mudra: index and middle fingers at the base of the thumb, while thumb touching the tips of little and ring fingers, on both the hands and chant “FIND DIVINE ORDER COUNT NOW”.
Write “HOLLY WILLOW” in a paper and keep it under the pillow.
Mudra: worry and constant fear makes one unstable because the air element is more and it has to be reduced to regain the balance and stability. So you bend the index and middle fingers. The little and ring fingers form the Safe and Secure Mudra. When Safe and Secure Mudra doesn’t work, then the variation in Mudra position mentioned above will work.
FIND DIVINE ORDER COUNT NOW: these switch words is to find the job
Holly and Willow: the Bach flower remedies to forget and forgive.
My son, Siddharth has completed M. Tech in Bio-technology. But still not found a job. He is already 24, and I am very worried and tensed. Kindly help us.
Already giving him WALNUT and SWEET CHESTNUT plus started chanting from yesterday, “FIND DIVINE ORDER COUNT NOW DONE”.
This is just FYI. Pls guide us.
Come out of tension.
- You take RESCUE REMEDY.
- Tap on yourself, “I accept myself totally”.
- Be in Pran Mudra for 20 minutes a day.
He will get a job.
I have started doing Pran Mudra for 20 minutes daily. Also taking Bach flowers, I am feeling much better. Now the anxiety for getting job for my son is slowly decreasing.
Since I do not know tapping, I am just affirming “I accept myself totally” is it ok? Thrice a day. Need your kind advise.
My son has not yet got the job. One of our family friends is trying the job for him in the pharmacy line only, which is his line and preference.
Kindly pray that it should happen urgently and need divine advice. Somebody predicted that he will go on changing the jobs till 2012 and will get best job only in 2013 (i.e., he will settle in the job only in 2013). I am feeling very depressed. But at the same time I feel that GOD can do anything. Pls advice.
- Chant “FIND DIVINE ORDER NOW”
- Write the statement for 21 times, “I activate that part of mind which believes in surrender”
- Write WALNUT around your son’s name. Take a piece of paper. Write the name. Draw a circle around the name. Draw another concentric circle around the first circle. In the gap, write walnut and keep it. Don’t do anything else other than this.
- Chant OM LUM NAMAHA. Om Lum Namaha if chanted alone will stabilize him. Chant this mantra alone for 300 times.
At last, my son got job of his liking. Even though the salary is not that great, at least I feel that divine door has opened for him. The job is like meeting top Doctors / Gynecologists and prospective customers and present about their products. What he should chant so that their prospective clients become their permanent customers or which mantra to be chanted.
- Write VERVAIN, OAK, HEATHER in a piece of paper and ask your son to keep it with him. Let him see the names and thank these flowers daily before making the calls.
- After coming back let him recollect the day’s proceedings and thank each and every incident and persons concerned.
- After waking up in the morning, let him affirm, “I submit myself to the divine order now on”