I have a severe cold with running nose.
Do LINGA Mudra (both hands clasped together, with left thumb in upright position) for 20 minutes. Then do SAFE and SECURE Mudra (thumb touching ring and little fingers on both the hands) for another 20 minutes.
I did as you suggested. I took rest for a while keeping in mind that while we sleep, our body does the necessary healing (as mentioned by Naran).
After waking up, I did the Mudras again for 15 minutes. I was alright (without any medication). Thanks.
Due to pollution, we get afflicted with cold.
The thick phlegm produced and deposited inside the lungs will be converted into liquid form by the Linga Mudra and will be sent to the Hara Chakra (the chakra that handles water element) by the Safe and Secure Mudra.
- Index finger base at the thumb, while the middle and ring fingers on both hands touches the tip of the thumb.
- It strengthens the heart. For all people above age 40 this Mudra can help.
How does it work? Two processes are important for heart. One, de-oxygenated blood, which is full of carbon dioxide, goes to lungs from the heart, and lungs oxygenate it. The oxygenated blood is carried to heart and from the heart to all organs.
- This Mudra takes care of all those processes.
- It is very helpful for circulation.
- It is also called as detoxification Mudra.
- Energising the inner circulation of the heart is taken care of by the mantras, “Om HRAAM NAMAHA” and “OM HREEM NAMAHA”. Chant them, while doing the Mudra. The entire circulation will be strengthened.
- For high BP too, this Mudra is very helpful.
- Heart Mudra: you can do it, may be twice a day for 20 to 30 minutes.