Student: What is the significance of putting the thumb with other fingers?
Thumb represents Prana – our life force. If there is no life in the body what is the use of the body? Similarly, if thumb is not used, no Mudra will be activated.
Prana means Universal Life energy.
Instructions on doing mudras
- Except for special Mudras, for all mudras, one had to keep the mudra on both the hands.
- You can chant mantra or switch words silently, while doing the mudra.
- You can walk, lie down, sit down or watching TV while doing the mudra.
- There is no time to do mudras. You can do it all the time. Of course, they are very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM.
- In general, Mudra you can do for 30-45 minutes, Mantra can be done all the 24 hours.
- There are exceptions to that rule. Don’t do Linga mudra for more than 15 minutes at a time. However mudras like Chin Mudra and Acceptance mudra can be done throughout the day.
- All mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. However, for some it might produce an unwanted side-effect. In such a case, please stop doing it and contact Naran.
- You need not press the fingers hard when you touch the tip of the thumb or while placing them at the base of the thumb. No pressure should be applied. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable.
The above points were discussed during the workshop on Mudras, Hyderabad, on 16thFeb, 2013. You can learn about Mudras in the upcoming workshop, dated 15th Dec, 2013, at Bangalore, by Naran S Balakumar.
How to do mudras?
You can do a Mudra by sitting erect in a chair or you can lie down in bed.
The recommended time is 10-15 minutes but for good results do it for 30 to 45 minutes. You can split the duration into two times – 30 minutes can be done as two 15-minute or three 10-minute durations.
If the results are not as per your intent, either do it for more time or do the appropriate Mudra for the new situation. Consult Naran in this regard.
You can do chanting while doing the Mudra.
Have to do Mudra on both the hands.
When to do mudras?
You may do Mudras, while walking, sitting or talking with others. You may lie down in bed too.
There is no breathing regulation involved. Of course, you can count your breath while doing some special mudras – Panchamuga Mudras.
Watching TV is more important to us J You can even do this when watching TV or when you talk with others.
Mudra healing is a simple and effective technique to do, even while walking.
Two mudras simultaneously
MAINAK KR BALL
Can we do Pran and Kubera Mudra simultaneously in both hands? Say Pran Mudra in left hand and Kubera Mudra in right hand.
No. Do these two Mudras one after the other.
Refer the Part II of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/mudra-tips-and-techniques-part-ii/
Part III of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/simple-life-solutions-2/