Student: What is the significance of putting the thumb with other fingers?
Thumb represents Prana – our life force. If there is no life in the body what is the use of the body? Similarly, if thumb is not used, no Mudra will be activated.
Prana means Universal Life energy.
Instructions on doing mudras
- Except for special Mudras, for all mudras, one had to keep the mudra on both the hands.
- You can chant mantra or switch words silently, while doing the mudra.
- You can walk, lie down, sit down or watching TV while doing the mudra.
- There is no time to do mudras. You can do it all the time. Of course, they are very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM.
- In general, Mudra you can do for 30-45 minutes, Mantra can be done all the 24 hours.
- There are exceptions to that rule. Don’t do Linga mudra for more than 15 minutes at a time. However mudras like Chin Mudra and Acceptance mudra can be done throughout the day.
- All mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. However, for some it might produce an unwanted side-effect. In such a case, please stop doing it and contact Naran.
- You need not press the fingers hard when you touch the tip of the thumb or while placing them at the base of the thumb. No pressure should be applied. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable.
The above points were discussed during the workshop on Mudras, Hyderabad, on 16thFeb, 2013. You can learn about Mudras in the upcoming workshop, dated 15th Dec, 2013, at Bangalore, by Naran S Balakumar.
Refer Part I of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/mudra-tips-and-techniques-part-i/
Part II of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/mudra-tips-and-techniques-part-ii/
Mudra Tips and Techniques Part III
Mudras are so simple that anybody can do it – irrespective of age, sex or creed. You don’t need to have any worries, whatsoever.
Mudras can be combined with Mantras, which doubles the effect of Mudras.
Why Mantras, even switch words can be combined with Mudras.
You can combine color healing with Mudras.
Anita Vij: Safe and secure Mudra is very beneficial. All our worries are gone by doing this Mudra before going to sleep.
Sam: If I do the Chin Mudra before eating for 10 minutes, and by chanting Vallabam Gajaananam Eka Thantham then I am able to pick the right food, the right quantity of food – not less or more and the food I like to eat (as I eat food from different hotels and thus eating the food I like becomes very important).
Raj: I chanted the switch words, “MOVE ON” with the Movement Mudra for 15 minutes and “FIND COUNT DIVINE Job” for 15 minutes, twice a day for the last 20 days. Now, I have got two small projects on hand, which will keep me busy for the next 3-4 months.
Weight reduction: Blue helps in weight reduction. Visualize blue color filling your body or see a blue candle while doing Fire Mudra.
Develop Unconditional Love
Could you please say whether there is any Mudra for love, to show unconditional love to husband?
Touch your thumb with little and ring fingers and see the picture of (Mother’s Flowers) Red Balsam.
May you pls suggest how long to do the Fire Mudra. Should it be done with both hands?
You can do for 15 minutes at a stretch and two times in a day. Do with both the hands.
When you want to assert yourself, or want to say no without hurting the other person, be in this Mudra and say whatever you want to say.
How to do mudras?
You can do a Mudra by sitting erect in a chair or you can lie down in bed.
The recommended time is 10-15 minutes but for good results do it for 30 to 45 minutes. You can split the duration into two times – 30 minutes can be done as two 15-minute or three 10-minute durations.
If the results are not as per your intent, either do it for more time or do the appropriate Mudra for the new situation. Consult Naran in this regard.
You can do chanting while doing the Mudra.
Have to do Mudra on both the hands.
When to do mudras?
You may do Mudras, while walking, sitting or talking with others. You may lie down in bed too.
There is no breathing regulation involved. Of course, you can count your breath while doing some special mudras – Panchamuga Mudras.
Watching TV is more important to us J You can even do this when watching TV or when you talk with others.
Mudra healing is a simple and effective technique to do, even while walking.
Two mudras simultaneously
MAINAK KR BALL
Can we do Pran and Kubera Mudra simultaneously in both hands? Say Pran Mudra in left hand and Kubera Mudra in right hand.
No. Do these two Mudras one after the other.
Refer the Part II of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/mudra-tips-and-techniques-part-ii/
Part III of the article: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/simple-life-solutions-2/
I am having some problem since 3 yrs. I was using mobile a lot during 2006. But after 2 yrs of increased usage, I have reduced using mobile.
But still, I have some problems in me. I am unable to open my mouth freely sometimes. I have digestion problems as well as body pains only on the left side of my body.
I was using mobile on left ear.
Stop using mobile phone.
There is a sticker available in the market which can save one from electromagnetic pollution of mobile phone. Buy and stick it to your mobile.
Do this Mudra:
- Place the LEFT middle finger at the base of the thumb.
- Place the RIGHT index finger at the base of the thumb.
- Be in this Mudra for 15 minutes daily.
I did this Mudra for 15 minutes in the morning and I was able to feel the difference.
As he was using the phone on the left side, his left ear has been affected. This was fixed by the Mudra using the left hand.
The pain indicates the accumulation of excess air. This is fixed by keeping the right index finger at the base of the thumb.
The above Mudras were suggested based on the indications of the patient. In general, same Mudras have to be done on both hands, unless they are special ones.
How to do the Mudras mentioned in the solution?
Please refer the links against each Mudra.
Vital Essence or Hara Mudra
Pushan Mudra or Acceptance Mudra
Order of doing the Mudras
Do them in the same order mentioned.
12 minutes each – you can increase the time, but not for lesser time.
Continuously without break – you can’t do them in different times; they had to be done together.
Do them at least once a day and for better results, twice a day.
Chant the relevant switch words while doing the Mudras, as mentioned in the blog. The chanting can be louder or silent, as per your preference.
They can be done during any part of the day, though morning is preferable, while you are sitting, standing, or walking. Of course, closing the eyes, in sitting position, focused, will get better results. Don’t be too hard on yourself and do it as per convenience.
My husband and I have been in the States for about 8 years, living in the same small town and doing the same job. We feel like stuck.
We would like to move out to another city to get more opportunities but it has been difficult to get a job. We just want a fresh start as well as job opportunities so that we can move out.
Be in the following Mudra for 30 minutes: Thumb touching the index finger (both hands) and the rest of the fingers at the base of the thumb.
Chant “THANKS CHANGE DIVINE ORDER COUNT NOW DONE” while doing the Mudra.
Thanks, Change, Divine Order, Count, Now and Done are switch words.
Thanks: be grateful for what we have will enable us to get what we want
Change Divine Order: to change the current life situation and find divine order
Count: earn money
Done: it will be done
The index finger induces new thoughts. It will be from a higher perspective, which was created by placing the other three fingers at the base of thumb.
Now, your decisions will be de-avoid of internal resistance and they will not be based on past karma as well as previous karma vasanas.
My son, Siddharth has completed M. Tech in Bio-technology. But still not found a job. He is already 24, and I am very worried and tensed. Kindly help us.
Already giving him WALNUT and SWEET CHESTNUT plus started chanting from yesterday, “FIND DIVINE ORDER COUNT NOW DONE”.
This is just FYI. Pls guide us.
Come out of tension.
- You take RESCUE REMEDY.
- Tap on yourself, “I accept myself totally”.
- Be in Pran Mudra for 20 minutes a day.
He will get a job.
I have started doing Pran Mudra for 20 minutes daily. Also taking Bach flowers, I am feeling much better. Now the anxiety for getting job for my son is slowly decreasing.
Since I do not know tapping, I am just affirming “I accept myself totally” is it ok? Thrice a day. Need your kind advise.
My son has not yet got the job. One of our family friends is trying the job for him in the pharmacy line only, which is his line and preference.
Kindly pray that it should happen urgently and need divine advice. Somebody predicted that he will go on changing the jobs till 2012 and will get best job only in 2013 (i.e., he will settle in the job only in 2013). I am feeling very depressed. But at the same time I feel that GOD can do anything. Pls advice.
- Chant “FIND DIVINE ORDER NOW”
- Write the statement for 21 times, “I activate that part of mind which believes in surrender”
- Write WALNUT around your son’s name. Take a piece of paper. Write the name. Draw a circle around the name. Draw another concentric circle around the first circle. In the gap, write walnut and keep it. Don’t do anything else other than this.
- Chant OM LUM NAMAHA. Om Lum Namaha if chanted alone will stabilize him. Chant this mantra alone for 300 times.
At last, my son got job of his liking. Even though the salary is not that great, at least I feel that divine door has opened for him. The job is like meeting top Doctors / Gynecologists and prospective customers and present about their products. What he should chant so that their prospective clients become their permanent customers or which mantra to be chanted.
- Write VERVAIN, OAK, HEATHER in a piece of paper and ask your son to keep it with him. Let him see the names and thank these flowers daily before making the calls.
- After coming back let him recollect the day’s proceedings and thank each and every incident and persons concerned.
- After waking up in the morning, let him affirm, “I submit myself to the divine order now on”
When you have the same thoughts and emotions, you will continue to be in the same situation. First of all, before you get a job and move to a new office, you need to move out of your mental pattern that keeps you in the current jobless situation. “MOVE ON” helps you do that.
- Chant the switch words, “MOVE ON” and be in the MOVEMENT MUDRA (index and middle fingers touching the tip of the thumb, on both the hands). Do this for 15 minutes.
- Chant the switch words, “FIND COUNT DIVINE Job”, while you are in the SAFE and SECURE MUDRA (ring and little fingers touching the tip of the thumb, on both the hands). Do this for 15 minutes.
- Whenever you are working, or driving and when you can’t be in a Mudra, chant, “MOVE ON FIND COUNT DIVINE Job”
Mudras can be done anytime, and anywhere.