From the Book “Forgiveness – Why and How” by Naran S Balakumar
Mudras for Letting Go
Vata humor is formed by activating Air and Space elements (touch the thumb with index and middle finger on both the hands).
Vata means MOVEMENT.
Its primary seat is Colon. Inhalation, exhalation, circulation, communication, nervous system, excretion, co-ordination of senses – all of them require Vata humor.
When we fight with somebody, we don’t want to ask for forgiveness, because we are adamant. Earth element is more here (ring finger). Air and Space elements have to be activated.
The letting go of anger and resentment will be easier with this MUDRA.
Then we need to do the ACCEPTANCE Mudra and then do the FORGIVENESS Exercise.
Forgiveness is the door way to happiness in our lives.
Letting go of Anger! Letting in Harmony!
My husband keeps fighting with me, says a lady.
Our normal reaction is to express our anger, which we think is natural and the right thing to do. Anger will produce only anger. How to break this cycle?
Do SAFE and SECURE Mudra (on both hands, touch little and ring fingers with thumb), also called as PRAN Mudra. Our anger will come down along with the other person’s anger.
With this Mudra, chant the names of the Bach flowers BEECH, WALNUT, WILLOW, AGRIMONY, CHICORY, and CHERRY PLUM. Harmony will prevail.
Alternatively, along with this Mudra, chant the Switch Words, “BOW CONCEDE TOGETHER DIVINE”.
When you want to avoid conflict, or when you want to do the forgiveness exercise, visualize the colour GREEN. Think about the colour green and visualize any greenery before going to the place where you expect conflict.
How to do this Mudra? The right hand thumb touches index and middle finger, while the left hand thumb touches middle finger and ring finger. This is also called PUSHAN Mudra.
- When there is a conflict and we wants to remain peaceful, we can do this Mudra and chant “I am sorry, please forgive me, Love Thanks Divine”.
- When we want to stop criticizing others or when we want to have tolerance, we can be in the Acceptance Mudra and chant, “I am sorry. Please forgive me. Love Thanks Divine”.
- When we want to shed our ego and pride, we can be in the Acceptance Mudra and go on affirming within, “I am sorry. Please forgive me. Love! Thanks! Divine!”
- Index finger base at the thumb, while the middle and ring fingers on both hands touches the tip of the thumb.
- It strengthens the heart. For all people above age 40 this Mudra can help.
How does it work? Two processes are important for heart. One, de-oxygenated blood, which is full of carbon dioxide, goes to lungs from the heart, and lungs oxygenate it. The oxygenated blood is carried to heart and from the heart to all organs.
- This Mudra takes care of all those processes.
- It is very helpful for circulation.
- It is also called as detoxification Mudra.
- Energising the inner circulation of the heart is taken care of by the mantras, “Om HRAAM NAMAHA” and “OM HREEM NAMAHA”. Chant them, while doing the Mudra. The entire circulation will be strengthened.
- For high BP too, this Mudra is very helpful.
- Heart Mudra: you can do it, may be twice a day for 20 to 30 minutes.