It activates the throat chakra that energizes the head. It brings in the clarity of the mind. Apart from that this can be helpful for bad throat condition also.
When you are stuck in a problem situation, be in this Mudra and chant the switch words, “CLIMB CRYSTAL TOGETHER DIVINE”.
To sit regularly for a meditation, even though if it is escapism, be in this Mudra, and you will continue to sit for the meditation.
It is also called as Mudra for Surrender.
What is meant by surrender?
Surrender is not inaction. Whatever we are doing we have do it.
You are writing with a pen. Suppose the pen gets a life and says, “I am writing so many things”. Will you accept it? The pen is not supposed to say that and that to you.
Let us say the pen says to you that “I am writing so many things. So many good ideas come to me, when I am writing”. If so, you will break the pen and will go for a new one.
Similarly, surrendering means, the attitude of ownership is relinquished. ‘I am not the doer’ – that attitude should be cultivated. It is the training of the mind. That can be cultivated or trained by being in this Mudra.
Everything is coming from the space. Because of the divine, we are doing something. You are doing the action for the divine, by the power of the divine and with the help of the divine. That attitude has to be ingrained in every part of the brain. For which, this mudra will be very helpful.
You are not the doer – understanding and believing it
How to understand and believe that you are not the doer?
It is not the question of understanding. How to believe we are not the doer, but divine is the doer?
Instructions to do the Mudra: On both the hands, keep the thumb at the base of the little finger (first image) and rest of the fingers covering the thumb (next image).
I have been telling the following story about a Hungarian, during all the classes I am conducting these days: http://wp.me/ptUMq-5r
Develop a surrendering attitude: http://wp.me/ptUKY-4G
Do you know how to surrender: http://wp.me/ptUMq-4M
Student: What is the significance of putting the thumb with other fingers?
Thumb represents Prana – our life force. If there is no life in the body what is the use of the body? Similarly, if thumb is not used, no Mudra will be activated.
Prana means Universal Life energy.
Instructions on doing mudras
- Except for special Mudras, for all mudras, one had to keep the mudra on both the hands.
- You can chant mantra or switch words silently, while doing the mudra.
- You can walk, lie down, sit down or watching TV while doing the mudra.
- There is no time to do mudras. You can do it all the time. Of course, they are very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM.
- In general, Mudra you can do for 30-45 minutes, Mantra can be done all the 24 hours.
- There are exceptions to that rule. Don’t do Linga mudra for more than 15 minutes at a time. However mudras like Chin Mudra and Acceptance mudra can be done throughout the day.
- All mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. However, for some it might produce an unwanted side-effect. In such a case, please stop doing it and contact Naran.
- You need not press the fingers hard when you touch the tip of the thumb or while placing them at the base of the thumb. No pressure should be applied. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable.
The above points were discussed during the workshop on Mudras, Hyderabad, on 16thFeb, 2013. You can learn about Mudras in the upcoming workshop, dated 15th Dec, 2013, at Bangalore, by Naran S Balakumar.
Referring the link: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2010/05/22/uses-of-fire-mudra/
While doing fire mudra for weight loss. What we can chant?
Thank the body and all the organs.
What is the remedy for too much weight? My husband is overweight and I want him to get fit. He has high cholesterol also.
Due to weight, his knees pains while climbing stairs and is having vitamin D deficiency too.
I have a combination of flower remedies. He can try.
Ask him to keep the ring finger under the thumb daily for 15 minutes. This is FIRE MUDRA, which will reduce his weight.
Ask him to chant Switch words, “CHANGE DIVINE ORDER NOW ON”
I like to add my husband is also taking Allopathy for High BP, Vitamin D and for joint pain. So can he take the Flower remedies along with that?
Flower remedies are for mental state and not for physical problems.
Meanwhile, chant the mantra, “HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA” for his joint pain.
What can I chant to find my truly love, my Soulmate?
Listen to the “I love myself” CD over headphone.
Find Mr. Right
Please suggest a mantra to find Mr. Right and get married to him soon. I really miss a good relation in my life.
Chant “LALITHAM SADHASHIVAM LALITHAM CHANDRASEKARAM”
Love and Accept Yourself
(Discussed in Hyderabad Mudra Class)
First love yourself and accept yourself. For loving and accepting oneself deeply and totally VITAL ESSENCE MUDRA (Hara Mudra) is necessary.
If anybody remains single, the energy of this Mudra or the energy produced by the Mudra is lacking in that person. That means that childlike innocence is absent and this Mudra gives the childlike innocence.
I noticed that I cannot keep excess money ever.
All of them gone by the 5th day of getting paid.
I feel as though I must spend it as soon as I have it. Or some unexpected ill comes to take the remaining amount.
My goal is to pay off all of my debts and have healthy savings so that I can travel, pay for classes and start a small biz.
I know my parents also have issues with money – they never had any savings and are very wasteful.
What method of healing do you suggest to accomplish my goal?
- Download a picture of WILD ROSE and keep it under the pillow, for cutting the expenses.
- Be in Pushan Mudra daily for at least 20 minutes.
- For savings be in the Vitality Mudra (Pran Mudra) while in the bed and chant TOGETHER COUNT.
WILD ROSE: the Bach flower remedy when you had given up and watching things lamely
PUSHAN MUDRA: the Acceptance Mudra to balance your income and expenditure.
VITALITY MUDRA: the safe and secure Mudra for money and stability.
TOGETHER: the switch word will take care of your internal resistance to save money
COUNT: to find money