If you are angry you can do this Mudra. It activates and balances Apana Vaayu. When you have a back pain or any pain for that matter, do this Mudra. Unwanted Apana Vaayu will be released in 15 minutes.
This Mudra activates air and air means movement. Whenever you are in a traffic jam, it will create movement in you and thus movement outside you.
It reduces infatuation.
It also helps us to avoid misconduct between male and female.
Refer this blog to know more details about Chin Mudra: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/2009/12/25/chin-mudra/
It creates space inside you. You don’t have space when you are stuck in a traffic jam (what’s inside us is reflected outside us). Put both the Chin and Akash (space) Mudras (let the index and middle fingers touch the tip of the thumb in both the hands). Then we will have space and move.
Akash Mudra activates our own teacher inside us.
If anybody is selfish, you can ask them, “Please put this Mudra”. It will make him broad-minded.
It widens your views and helps to understand your life better.
This also helps to clears the throat.
A Case History
Thanks for the wonderful program at “Raj Bhavan”. While teaching on “Akash Mudra”, you mentioned that the teacher in us will be widened and awakened.
Evening after coming from the function, I checked my mails. There was an invitation mail from a Chartered Accountants study circle to address the chartered accountants. Thanks to you Naran.
Tomorrow, I’m doing counselling for CA (Chartered Accountants) students appearing for final exams. I attribute all these success to you!
Mrs. Sasikala Ravivenkatesan
Also called as Agni Mudra or Surya Mudra.
Place the ring finger in the base of the thumb, strengthens eyes.
It reduces weight too. Whenever somebody comes to me, the first request would be, whether there is any remedy to reduce their weight. People who are over weight or look obese, their fat level is high and it is not burnt properly. If the fire element is activated, the weight can be brought down. Though, don’t see the weighing machine after doing the Mudra for 1 hr. Do it daily and check it after 20-30 days.
If you want to break away from somebody or not to talk to someone, when you want to assert yourself, and not able to say no to anybody then do this Mudra. You will automatically be able to say no, whenever you want to. You will not behave like a door mat.
This Mudra is good for anaemia – where there is less of iron.
When there is physical exhaustion do this Mudra.
This Mudra energises the entire autonomous system and spinal cord – which is massaged well, making the pranic energy flow well. All spinal problems can be handled with this Mudra.
You can combine doing the Mudra with pranayama. Do the breathing with the following count: inhale for four counts, hold for one count, exhale for five counts and hold for one count. Do this 40 to 50 times in the morning. Entire spinal cord will be strengthened.
Sympathetic nervous system controls all the organs. Then the entire system is energised and our stress level gets to zero.
Do the Mudra when you are tired. Direct the prana (visualising) to the spinal cord, while doing the pranayama.
Vallabam Gajaananam Eka Thandham
This mantra along with Meru Mudra is good for the spinal cord. It drives out our insecurity also. If you chant regularly, your back will become solid and strengthened.
This activates air element – one of the five elements, inside you. It is connected with Heart Chakra. Chant the bija mantra ‘Om Yum Namaha’ when you do the Mudra.
How to do Chin Mudra
On both hands, index finger touching the thumb, keep the other three fingers straight. Can keep the eyes closed — not necessary though. Watch the breath. Preferably keep the back straight or move around if you are feeling lethargic.
Advantages of doing Chin Mudra
- For Lower Back Pain, do Chin Mudra and chant “Wung R Hong”.
- Chin Mudra brings down the stress level. Therefore, do Chin Mudra until tension comes down to zero.
- This is also called as Gyan Mudra as it is normally used during meditation by keeping your hands on your lap, with the palm of the hands facing the sky. You can put Chin Mudra while chanting mantras.
- Chant EEJO while doing Chin Mudra.
After eating food, if Belching happens, then it means the Apanan – a type of prana that is supposed to flow down, is coming up.
It will also bring down your head aches – which could be happening due to too much worry and thinking. You will get better relief by doing this Mudra and chanting the Chinese mantra.
- How to remove congestion from the pranic body?
If the congestion is more, Chin Mudra is the most effective way to remove the congestion. Chin Mudra will activate the Apana Vaayu which goes down. You have to do inhaling and exhaling with Chin Mudra.
- This Mudra releases the excess energy from us. For example, your excess anger will come down.
- Kindles yellow energy inside you. Mars is activated.
A 20 year old girl accidently falls in love with a person of 40 years. May be it is infatuation. This Mudra controls the infatuation. If they don’t want to do the Mudra, give them gem remedy Coral. If its infatuation, they will separate and if it is true love they will marry.
Infatuation is excess of un-channelled energy. This Mudra helps to prevent misconduct between male and female.
Good for Lethargy
- When you feel sleepy after lunch.
- Mentally stressed out in the evening as too many thoughts in the mind.
- Not able to get from bed in the morning.
Chin Mudra boosts your energy and thus activity.
When the mind has gone overboard, it can normalize.
The Chin Mudra helps to boost activity during the day.
- Affirmations to remove lethargy
“I release my desire to sleep”
“I release my resistance to get up and do the work.
(Desire and resistance work in opposite directions)
The Mudra healing has been combined with ‘Living with Awareness’ techniques here, to achieve any goal or objective. To understand how our mind works against our own goals and objectives, please read the following posts:
Three Steps to Fulfilment
If you have a desire that’s not fulfilled (let us say you want to be an actor), then do the following:
1. Do the Acceptance Mudra and affirm, “I accept myself totally. I release my desire to be an actor”.
If you want to reduce your weight then affirm, “I accept myself totally. I release my desire to reduce my weight”.
Or you affirmation could be, “I I accept myself totally. I release my desire to look attractive”. Thus release all your desires to loose your weight.
Why should I release my desires? Even desires are a form of resistance to achieve our goals and objectives.
To see how to do acceptance Mudra:
2. Do Jupiter Mudra and affirm, “I release my resistance to become an actor”. If you have a desire that is unfulfilled, it means there is a resistance inside you. To reduce your weight, affirm, “I release my resistance to reduce my weight”.
Sometimes we want something consciously, but unconsciously we will be resisting that. This is called psychological reversal.
To see how to do Jupiter Mudra:
3. Do Movement Mudra and affirm, “I have become an actor”, “I have started to act in so and so film” as though the desire has happened already.
To see how to do Movement Mudra:
At least spend 5-15 minutes in each Mudra, in the order mentioned. Do them twice a day.
- To move forward in life.
- To feel fresh, especially if you are not a morning person, do this Mudra.
- If you are stuck up in a traffic.
- After 8th month of pregnancy is over, do this Mudra. Movement of the child will be smooth. Natural movement of foetus will happen and there will be an easy delivery.
Index and middle fingers touches the thumb.
Beat the Traffic – a Case History
Tom is not a morning person. He works for a software company. Timings are flexible. So he can afford to go late to office.
Due to some work pressure, though suddenly he had to go early to office. This he found it very difficult to do, even after setting up an alarm.
So after waking up, and until he got up from bed, he started doing Movement Mudra or otherwise called as a Kubera Mudra. After a couple of weeks, he was able to get up early without an alarm.
Unfortunately, the morning hour’s traffic was too much for him to handle. He started doing this Mudra, whenever he had to wait for the signal or when the traffic stops. Surprisingly he found that he could beat the traffic somehow.
Within a couple of months, he was asked to vacate his house. He found a house, which was closer to his office. He thinks there is a connection between this change and the movement Mudra, as he started reaching his office early without any effort whatsoever.
Also called as Aakaash (space) Mudra.
Keyword for this Mudra is “expand”.
- This Mudra activates Jupiter inside you and brings abundance in your life.
- It will expand your horizon and get wider views of life and you will become a good judge of the life’s events.
- The teacher in you will be activated too.
- Person who is mean minded and selfish will become broad minded and selfless.
- This generates blue energy and thus activates throat Chakra.
Chant Bija Mantra “Om Hum Namaha” while doing this Mudra.
Touch the middle finger with thumb on both the hands