Search Results for acceptance mudra
(From Multi Dimensional Healing June 27 Workshop)
It helps us to accept our live situations as it is. There are two rules in the world: You don’t get what you desire and you will get what you don’t desire.
Chant the mantra Om Rum Namaha while doing the Acceptance Mudra (right hand – thumb touching index and middle fingers, and left hand touching middle and ring fingers — check the pictures at the end of the article).
When we were seven years old, we fought over a broken pencil and got emotional. After two years, it was not as important as it was when it happened. Every time something happen, we make it either as a big problem or a small problem by categorizing. Every problem is same – no big or small.
Rama taught this Mudra to Lakshmana, who wanted to kill their father Dasaratha. Rama consoled his brother that whatever happens is right and therefore one has to accept what happens.
If any disappointment strikes you, think about Rama and his deportation to forest for fourteen long years, and do this Mudra. Then you will understand the meaning behind the incident that happens in your life.
When we are angry we don’t want to forgive. It’s ok. Therefore, let it be with you for a while, be in the Mudra and then do the forgiving exercise.
This Mudra helps your digestion. Before taking food, say in a buffet, do this Mudra. You will choose the right food. This will help to avoid our tendency to eat everything.
Changes Will Happen
Without our effort things happen.
I didn’t put an intention to get the sweet today, yet I got some. See how much god is fulfilling our needs without intention. How they are happening and why they are happening – there are no known answers.
The wisdom does not exist separately. Once you remove ignorance, wisdom shines through. Because of thought patterns and life reaction patterns, it’s shrouded. When the patterns and unwanted energies are cleared, wisdom becomes visible.
Awareness removes ignorance. Once the cleansing is over, I will come to know I am a man of wisdom. It dispels the darkness which is like the clouds that covers the sun.
Mentally accept whatever happens. Without acceptance our life is spoiled. If we accept ourselves totally, then things happen. We try to change without acceptance. Don’t change anything. Changes will happen automatically happen then.
Student: What is the significance of putting the thumb with other fingers?
Thumb represents Prana – our life force. If there is no life in the body what is the use of the body? Similarly, if thumb is not used, no Mudra will be activated.
Prana means Universal Life energy.
Instructions on doing mudras
- Except for special Mudras, for all mudras, one had to keep the mudra on both the hands.
- You can chant mantra or switch words silently, while doing the mudra.
- You can walk, lie down, sit down or watching TV while doing the mudra.
- There is no time to do mudras. You can do it all the time. Of course, they are very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM.
- In general, Mudra you can do for 30-45 minutes, Mantra can be done all the 24 hours.
- There are exceptions to that rule. Don’t do Linga mudra for more than 15 minutes at a time. However mudras like Chin Mudra and Acceptance mudra can be done throughout the day.
- All mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. However, for some it might produce an unwanted side-effect. In such a case, please stop doing it and contact Naran.
- You need not press the fingers hard when you touch the tip of the thumb or while placing them at the base of the thumb. No pressure should be applied. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable.
The above points were discussed during the workshop on Mudras, Hyderabad, on 16thFeb, 2013. You can learn about Mudras in the upcoming workshop, dated 15th Dec, 2013, at Bangalore, by Naran S Balakumar.
- Right hand thumb touches index and middle fingers, while the left hand thumb touches middle and ring fingers.
- It activates the Solar Plexus or Manipura chakra. It’s one of the best Mudras, a special Mudra. Chant OM RUM Namaha.
- Mantra and Mudra will activate stomach, liver, pancreas and intestines.
- It is also called as Acceptance Mudra. Whatever happens in your life has to be accepted by you.
- This will also work when you are in distress or whenever you feel sad, making you accept life as it is.
- When you can’t accept the other person, be in this Mudra then you will be able to accept them.
- RUM BUM LUM DUM also can be chanted with this Mudra.
Why this Mudra is important? There are two rules in life:
- You get what you do not want.
- You do not get what you want.
We have to manage our life with whatever is happening, by accepting it. You may need the forgiveness exercise too. If anybody is giving problem to you, anybody is angry with you, or plotting against you, by being in this Mudra and doing forgiveness exercise, you will establish harmony immediately. You can repeat the exercise and the Mudra as many times as possible.
To know more details about this Mudra, please refer the link: https://healbymudra.wordpress.com/?s=acceptance+mudra
I noticed that I cannot keep excess money ever.
All of them gone by the 5th day of getting paid.
I feel as though I must spend it as soon as I have it. Or some unexpected ill comes to take the remaining amount.
My goal is to pay off all of my debts and have healthy savings so that I can travel, pay for classes and start a small biz.
I know my parents also have issues with money – they never had any savings and are very wasteful.
What method of healing do you suggest to accomplish my goal?
- Download a picture of WILD ROSE and keep it under the pillow, for cutting the expenses.
- Be in Pushan Mudra daily for at least 20 minutes.
- For savings be in the Vitality Mudra (Pran Mudra) while in the bed and chant TOGETHER COUNT.
WILD ROSE: the Bach flower remedy when you had given up and watching things lamely
PUSHAN MUDRA: the Acceptance Mudra to balance your income and expenditure.
VITALITY MUDRA: the safe and secure Mudra for money and stability.
TOGETHER: the switch word will take care of your internal resistance to save money
COUNT: to find money
From the Book “Forgiveness – Why and How” by Naran S Balakumar
Mudras for Letting Go
Vata humor is formed by activating Air and Space elements (touch the thumb with index and middle finger on both the hands).
Vata means MOVEMENT.
Its primary seat is Colon. Inhalation, exhalation, circulation, communication, nervous system, excretion, co-ordination of senses – all of them require Vata humor.
When we fight with somebody, we don’t want to ask for forgiveness, because we are adamant. Earth element is more here (ring finger). Air and Space elements have to be activated.
The letting go of anger and resentment will be easier with this MUDRA.
Then we need to do the ACCEPTANCE Mudra and then do the FORGIVENESS Exercise.
Forgiveness is the door way to happiness in our lives.
Letting go of Anger! Letting in Harmony!
My husband keeps fighting with me, says a lady.
Our normal reaction is to express our anger, which we think is natural and the right thing to do. Anger will produce only anger. How to break this cycle?
Do SAFE and SECURE Mudra (on both hands, touch little and ring fingers with thumb), also called as PRAN Mudra. Our anger will come down along with the other person’s anger.
With this Mudra, chant the names of the Bach flowers BEECH, WALNUT, WILLOW, AGRIMONY, CHICORY, and CHERRY PLUM. Harmony will prevail.
Alternatively, along with this Mudra, chant the Switch Words, “BOW CONCEDE TOGETHER DIVINE”.
When you want to avoid conflict, or when you want to do the forgiveness exercise, visualize the colour GREEN. Think about the colour green and visualize any greenery before going to the place where you expect conflict.
How to do this Mudra? The right hand thumb touches index and middle finger, while the left hand thumb touches middle finger and ring finger. This is also called PUSHAN Mudra.
- When there is a conflict and we wants to remain peaceful, we can do this Mudra and chant “I am sorry, please forgive me, Love Thanks Divine”.
- When we want to stop criticizing others or when we want to have tolerance, we can be in the Acceptance Mudra and chant, “I am sorry. Please forgive me. Love Thanks Divine”.
- When we want to shed our ego and pride, we can be in the Acceptance Mudra and go on affirming within, “I am sorry. Please forgive me. Love! Thanks! Divine!”
The Mudra healing has been combined with ‘Living with Awareness’ techniques here, to achieve any goal or objective. To understand how our mind works against our own goals and objectives, please read the following posts:
Three Steps to Fulfilment
If you have a desire that’s not fulfilled (let us say you want to be an actor), then do the following:
1. Do the Acceptance Mudra and affirm, “I accept myself totally. I release my desire to be an actor”.
If you want to reduce your weight then affirm, “I accept myself totally. I release my desire to reduce my weight”.
Or you affirmation could be, “I I accept myself totally. I release my desire to look attractive”. Thus release all your desires to loose your weight.
Why should I release my desires? Even desires are a form of resistance to achieve our goals and objectives.
To see how to do acceptance Mudra:
2. Do Jupiter Mudra and affirm, “I release my resistance to become an actor”. If you have a desire that is unfulfilled, it means there is a resistance inside you. To reduce your weight, affirm, “I release my resistance to reduce my weight”.
Sometimes we want something consciously, but unconsciously we will be resisting that. This is called psychological reversal.
To see how to do Jupiter Mudra:
3. Do Movement Mudra and affirm, “I have become an actor”, “I have started to act in so and so film” as though the desire has happened already.
To see how to do Movement Mudra:
At least spend 5-15 minutes in each Mudra, in the order mentioned. Do them twice a day.
How to do the Mudras mentioned in the solution?
Please refer the links against each Mudra.
Vital Essence or Hara Mudra
Pushan Mudra or Acceptance Mudra
Order of doing the Mudras
Do them in the same order mentioned.
12 minutes each – you can increase the time, but not for lesser time.
Continuously without break – you can’t do them in different times; they had to be done together.
Do them at least once a day and for better results, twice a day.
Chant the relevant switch words while doing the Mudras, as mentioned in the blog. The chanting can be louder or silent, as per your preference.
They can be done during any part of the day, though morning is preferable, while you are sitting, standing, or walking. Of course, closing the eyes, in sitting position, focused, will get better results. Don’t be too hard on yourself and do it as per convenience.